ProStream is a stand alone streaming audio encoder. There's no PC needed, ProStream takes just 1RU of rack space.
- Audio pre-processing, stream encoding and delivery to remote replication server, all in a professional 1RU appliance.
- Pro-grade 24-bit A/D converter for studio-reference quality audio.
- Choice of MP3 or AAC-LC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2 stream coding, with output bit rates from 16 kbps to 320 kbps (dependent upon active codec).
- Omnia processing includes wideband AGC, 3-band compressor/limiter, EQ, low-pass filter and precision look-ahead final limiter.
- Metadata support for all popular playout platforms allows streams to be dynamically tagged with “now-playing” information from automation systems.
- Studio-grade analog and Livewire IP-Audio I/O, with separate LAN & WAN Ethernet ports.
- Directly supports ICEcast, SHOUTcast, SHOUTcast v2, Adobe Flash Media Server as well as Adobe RTMP, Live365 streaming services, RTP streams (including RTP multicast), as well as LimeLight, and Akamai servers.
- Dual encoder support can be used to provide high and low bitrate streams, or MP3 and AAC at the same time.
- Can accept metadata over RS-232 (using USB to RS232 adapter).